This course is designed to appeal to full-time learners interested in a career in business. It is one-year course. Core units are: Enterprise in the Business World, Finance for Business, and Principles of Marketing – all fundamental to the success of a business organisation. An additional eight units will also be studied. Units are assessed through a mixture of coursework and exams
How is the Course Assessed?
The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 First Award in Business has been developed in the business sector to:
- encourage personal development of knowledge and skills relevant to the business world through practical participation in a range of vocational business activities;
- give learners a wider understanding and appreciation of the broad range of business specialisms through selection of optional specialist units;
- encourage learners to develop their people, communication, planning and team-working skills by having the opportunity to select from optional units available in the qualification structure;
- give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the business sector or to progress to other vocational qualifications;
- give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The course is assessed mainly through College-assessed coursework, however it also includes an externally assessed finance unit.
Our Level 2 BTEC and GSCE package provides an excellent stepping stone to our Level 3 courses.
The BTEC Level 2 Business course also provides the starting point of a route into employment in many of the diverse areas of business, including roles in specialist areas such as marketing, finance, customer service or human resources in large businesses, or a more generic role in a small, local business.