The Health & Social Care Level 2 BTEC course:
- gives learners the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the health and social care sector;
- gives learners a more focused understanding of health and social care through the selection of optional specialist units;
- gives learners the opportunity to develop a range of personal skills and techniques, through the selection of units that are essential for successful performance in working life;
- gives opportunities for learners to achieve a nationally recognised level 2 health and social care qualification;
- supports progression into a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship.
How is the Course Assessed?
The BTEC Level 2 First Award in Health and Social Care provides an engaging, robust, broad-based introduction to the sector. The qualification provides a good introduction to Health and Social Care for learners, and brings together learning to ensure that every learner taking the qualification completes it with a level of understanding and skill on which to build at a later date. It presents knowledge, skills and understanding in a meaningful work-related context, to allow learners to understand theory and application.
The first core unit of this qualification, which is externally assessed, provides learners with a solid foundation in human lifespan development. Learners will also gain an appreciation of the importance of health and social care values in the sector from the second core unit.
This qualification contains a range of optional specialist units which will be confirmed soon. Examples of these include: Unit 5: Promoting Health and Wellbeing, and Unit 8: Individual Rights in Health and Social Care.
All learners will have the opportunity to experience the vocational elements of the programme, and develop practical skills, such as demonstrating health and social care values that will help prepare learners for the world of work.
This qualification provides opportunities for learners to develop their communication skills as they progress through the course. This can be achieved through presentations and in discussions where they have the opportunity to express their opinions.
This course is assessed through coursework only.
Our Level 2 BTEC and GSCE package provides an excellent stepping stone to our Level 3 courses.
The BTEC Level 2 Health & Social Care course also provides the starting point of a route into employment in many of the diverse areas of the industry.